Welcome to the 2019 River Ridge Knights Cheer Season. We want to make you aware of information that is important to your Cheer athlete during the 2018 Knights Cheer season.
Here are the divisions per the PASCO ATHLETIC LEAGUE 2018 CHEER Rules:
MASCOTS – Ages 3 and 4 (BIRTH DATE RANGE 9/1/15 – 8/31/14)
JUNIOR FLYWEIGHT – Ages 5 and 6 (BIRTH DATE RANGE 9/1/13 – 8/31/12)
FLYWEIGHT – Ages 7 and 8 (BIRTH DATE RANGE 9/1/11 – 8/31/10)
MIGHTY MITES – Ages 9 and 10 (BIRTH DATE RANGE 9/1/09 – 8/31/08)
JUNIOR VARSITY – Ages 11 and 12 (BIRTH DATE RANGE 9/1/07 – 8/31/06)
VARSITY (COMPETITION ONLY) – Ages 13, 14 and 15 (BIRTH DATE RANGE 9/1/05 – 8/31/03)
Your 2019 Fees cover the cost of the following:
Game shirt and shorts, Competition Shell and skirt, practice shirt, shoes, game bow and entry into three competitions. At the end of the
season, you will return the shell, skirt, and crop top used for competition.
Fundraisers will be done to purchase breast cancer bows, competition bow, competition music, and entry into one competition. You will keep the game uniform, shoes, 3 bows, and practice t-shirt at the end of the season.
For practices, your athlete will need the following:
A towel, a reusable water bottle (if disposable please label with child’s name) and bug spray.
PLEASE NOTE – Hair should be in a ponytail and tennis shoes should be worn. No jewelry, earrings, nail polish, denim, spaghetti string tank or midriff tops. This is for every girl’s safety.
Practice is a vital part of the success of any team. Having your athlete at practice each night on time, with all of their necessary equipment and ready to go goes a long way to their individual success and the team’s success as well. Here is important information regarding practice for the 2019 River Ridge Knights Football and Cheer Season:
- ATHLETES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE PRACTICE AREA DURING PRACTICE
- The first day of practice is Monday, July 8th, 2019 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Practice will be held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday the first two weeks of practice. Each athlete is required to put in 10 hours of conditioning before participation in helmet and pads can begin.
- Starting on Monday, July 22rd, 2019 practices will be Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Once school starts, practices will be held on the same days but the time will be from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Practices are held on the practice field at Wendell Krinn Technical High School. Parents may park in the closest parking lot.
- Practice starts promptly at 6:00 PM. If your athlete is going to be late or absent, please provide the courtesy to the Head Coach of letting them know in advance.
- Please ensure your athlete has used the restroom before practice begins and is properly hydrated. Athletes should also bring a drink (water is best, no soda, fruit drinks) and bug spray. We will have extra water on hand. We do get mosquitoes at the field, so stock up now!
- Athletes are required to participate in a MINIMUM OF 2 PRACTICES EACH WEEK to be eligible in their game on Saturday. Daily attendance is taken and turned into the Athletic Director at the end of each week. Please notify coaches/team mom as soon as possible, if you are not able to attend practice or a game. School and Religious functions are excused but, you need to make sure the coach or team mom knows ahead of time. Schoolwork does come first. If your child is having school issues, we do ask that they attend practice and sit out and watch.
- Athletes should have a parent or guardian with them AT ALL TIMES during practices. PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR ATHLETE OFF AND PICK THEM UP. Parents must stay in the designated “parent section” during practice. If you need to speak to a coach, please see them before or after practice. Do NOT walk onto the field and interrupt practice, and do not talk to your athlete during practice. If you need to remove your athlete from practice, please see the Head Coach or Team Mom.
- During weeks where there is a holiday on a normally scheduled practice day, practice will be made up another day during that week. We cannot practice at the field on any day the school is closed.
- There is ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING ALLOWED on the school grounds. This is a rule set by the State of Florida and needs to be followed WITHOUT EXCEPTION. If you must smoke it must be done off of school property.
- As we all know in Florida, the weather is unpredictable. However, you are required to come to practice unless you receive a call, text or email from a coach. It may be pouring at your house and sunny at the field that’s just the way it is down here! The Director is the only one with the power to call practice. If your athlete does not attend practice, when practice is still on, it will be counted as an unexcused absence.
- We DO practice when it is raining. IF practice does get called off before practice starts, the football director/coach will contact you. If you do not hear from the football director /coach, practice is still on. It will not be an excused absence from practice just because it is raining. If it is raining when you arrive at practice, please stay at practice incase does get canceled for lightening.
- If there is lightning and it is less then 6 miles away we will take shelter under the bus loop shelter. All parents and kids are required to get under the shelter. Parents can go to their cars. We will wait the amount of time required by the NFHS rule book which is 20 minutes after you hear a lightning strike and once it has moved further than 6 miles away. Please do NOT leave until the Director or your athlete’s Head coach has told you that practice has been canceled. The reason for this is if you leave and we have not taken attendance yet and we do get to practice your child will be marked as an unexcused absence.
The 2018 River Ridge Knights Football and Cheer regular season consists of 10 Games – 5 Away Games and 5 Home Games. Our home games are played at River Ridge High School Football Stadium located on the campus of River Ridge High School. During game days we ask you to follow these guidelines:
- Gate fees are $5 for regular season games. $7 for Playoffs, Pro Bowl, and Super Bowl.
- Please start hydrating your athlete the night before your scheduled game, not the day of your scheduled game. Between the summer heat of Florida and the equipment your athlete is wearing, they are going to sweat. Keeping your athlete hydrated ensures they keep up with the fluids their body needs and there are not heat related issues during a game. Please make sure they are rested as well.
- Make sure you have your athlete to the field at least 1.5 hours before there scheduled game time. The head coach likes for the squad to warm-up, practice cheers, and their halftime routine. Each team also has to check-in before each game to certify the roster which is at halftime of the current game being played or 1 hour before the start of their game, whichever comes first. Each cheerleader will be lined up in alphabetical order by the last name as listed on the roster and must be in their uniform at the time of check-in. IF YOU MISS CHECK-IN YOU MAY MISS THE GAME. It is at the discretion of the opposing team if they will allow you to check-in after your team has done so.
- Parents – if you do not have a volunteer badge YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE SIDELINES. At our home field, this means you cannot go past the gates and onto the track. Visiting teams will pass to the other side on the far end of the field. At away games, each field will be marked. The only way you can be on the field without a badge is if you are running chains for the game.
- There is ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING ALLOWED on the grounds of Wendell Krinn Technical High School. This is a rule set by the State of Florida and needs to be followed WITHOUT EXCEPTION. If you must smoke it must be done off of school property.
- You cannot bring in coolers or outside drinks to a game. You will be asked to take them back to your car or finish your drink before you come in. Only team parents and coaches may bring in coolers with snacks for half time.
Games that are canceled or discontinued will be rescheduled to be played on Sunday immediately following the regularly scheduled game.